Wednesday 6 May 2015

30 Day Squat Challenge!

Hi ladies!

To kick off my fitness blog, myself and a friend have decided to start the 30 day squat challenge to get our bums ready for the summer. To be honest I have tried this challenge about 5 times and I have never finished it so the blog is my motivation to actually finish it this time! :)

Even if you don't normally exercise or workout, this is a great way to start off working exercise slowly into your daily life. If you do regularly exercise, this is a good chance to up your squat game and get that booty you've always wanted!So there is a beginners challenge and an intermediate challenge, both go as follows:




 With the beginners you don't have to do the 2 sets if you don't want/need to and with the intermediate, you can split it into 2 sets if you can't quite reach the higher numbers in one go.

Don't laugh but I do mine before getting into the shower in the bathroom! My squat form isn't great (I am working on this!) due to ankle/calf flexibility so I use the closed toilet seat as a reference of how far to go down. If you need to do this, you can use the bed, chair or anything that is at a comfortable height for you. But just barely tip the reference, don't sit on it. 

Here's a video I found on Youtube to explain the squat if anyone needs to improve form or see how it's done:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UXJrBgI2RxA

The main thing to remember when doing these everyday is that you don't want to rush them to just get through them but to try and feel which muscles are being worked so that you can properly engage and strengthen them. To emphasise the booty effect, at the top of every squat I clench my bum, this also helps to keep my glutes activated during the squat.

So if you're gonna try this, good luck and I hope it goes well for you! If you want to share your progress, just post how you're getting on - feeling the burn! - and tag my Facebook page:

https://www.facebook.com/sparklingroguefitness


Good luck ladies, happy squatting!

Here's some motivation for you! ;)

Aoife x






No comments:

Post a Comment